Friday, October 11, 2013

I is for Insect

We looked at insects for a few days last week. We had done a study earlier this year on insects so we did not spend too much time on it.

We sorted "Insect, Not an Insect" and matched insects to cards. 
(I can't figure out where I got these from - I printed in the spring.)

Naomi playing with the insects.

Our Words to Remember sheet for this week.

Books.

One fun activity was talking about telling time with Malia after reading the Grouchy Ladybug.

We got some caterpillars through Insect Lore...

... watched them form their chrysalises...

... and then come out as butterflies. It was super cool. I think Andrew and I enjoyed watching the process as much as the girls. I highly recommend it.

And we finished out the week by playing the Ladybug Game. In these pictures the girls are laughing at their father's continual misfortune... I won the game and he was still at the start!

Unprompted, Malia drew me this sweet picture. I love it.

No comments: