Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Recertified

Last week Andrew and I had a couple of caseworkers at our house to fill out paperwork, inspect our home and ask questions. The goal of this meeting was to fulfill requirements necessary to get recertified as foster parents.

Yep, that's right, we are doing it again.

The day after their visit, I told my neighbor that I feel like I am pregnant now except I don't know the due date or how old the baby will be when we meet him or her. Even though we have talked about doing this for a long time, we are actually doing it now and the reality is sinking in more each day.

We felt so supported and loved through our process with Naomi, which is a huge reason why we feel we can do it again. There are a lot of things you can be praying for in the coming months. Here are a few:

:: This child. We don't know who he or she is, but chances are this life is growing somewhere at this point in time. Pray for protection on this life.

:: Our family. Our three girls are so special to us and adding another child will mean an adjustment for all, especially Naomi who will no longer be the baby of the family.

:: Timing. I am a bit of a control freak and I love to plan. In this process I have no control over the timing, which is hard for me. Pray that I will be able to rest daily in God's timing. (We were certified for 4 months before we got the call for Naomi... it could be next week or in a year that we get a call.)

I will be sure to give an update if anything happens!







1 comment:

Katie Lewis said...

HI :) My husband and I are in the process of adopting our first child so a friend (Jennifer Cortez) sent me your blog to read. Your adoption posts have been encouraging during this waiting game; thank you for sharing your heart and your story! Sweet Naomi is beautiful (as are your other girls, of course).

Praying for your family and for your child as you enter into fostering again!

Love,
Katie Lewis
www.dearmushkaroots.com