Sunday, October 05, 2014

Miller's Farm

Recently we went to a nearby farm to harvest some vegetables. It was our second year going with our friends and this year the older cousins joined as well.

I packed a backpack up with my camera, food, water, etc. and left it at home. I didn't even realize I did that until we got there so it was not an option to go get it. Between the few things I scoured from the car and the things shared by the other generous moms in our group, we survived and still had a great time.

We came home with 15 bags full of carrots, onions, potatoes, corn, squash, pumpkins, and beans. I have spent hours chopping and cooking soup in the past week... 11 pots so far! Last year we ate the soup about once a week all the way through the winter and I think my frozen supply this year is already bigger.



Davey really loved that they had a pink tractor there!



No comments: