Thursday, May 28, 2015

Sister Sweetness

Malia and Davey are typical sisters... best friends one minute... pushing each others buttons the next. Recently it seems like them irritating each other has been more disguised, but definitely there. Somedays I feel so exhausted with their bickering and their schemes to get each other in trouble. 

But then moments like this happen...

... Davey was trying to read a book and Malia came along and was helping her. I need to keep this picture in my mind of sweetness on days that I feel like a referee between them. 

Also, Davey has a sudden interest in handwriting and reading. (Like last night she sat down at the table after dinner, got out paper and pencil and decided to write her numbers to 100... it was totally her idea!) She was so resistant during this past school year and I just didn't have the energy to fight her. I am so glad I waited and didn't make  an unnecessary battle with her and am amazed at how much she has organically picked up.  

No comments: