Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Old House

I am generally an overly sentimental person... I am very attached to things and places. So I was surprised that I was not very sad to leave our house (despite it being so full of sweet memories). I think the stress of our final weeks there made it so... I was just relieved that we got all of our stuff out of there on time. 

While trying to pack up, we all got a very bad cold (which resulted in multiple trips to the doctor and lots of lost sleep thanks to coughing) and our car decided to have issues (which resulted in multiple trips to the shop). On top of that, we didn't have a plan beyond August of where we were going to live, and I was trying to coordinate all of this change with human services (I felt paranoid to jeopardize Drew's placement with us). Oh and I had keep my 4 kids fed, clothed and generally happy. Needless to say, it was a very overwhelming couple of weeks.

On the last day, we stopped by the house to pick up the final few things. We went as a family of 6 so the girls could say goodbye to the house (Drew wasn't that aware of what was happening!) They were sad and cried. I was still feeling overwhelmed and anxious to get out of there. My sweet husband cured all of these emotions by taking advantage of all of the open space to wrestle the girls. It was a great time of laughter and fun to occupy our final minutes in that house. Here's a glimpse of the fun.


No comments: