Saturday, May 14, 2016

Davey's Half Birthday

I think celebrating half birthdays with a special dessert and maybe even a little gift is fun. Davey hit 6.5 last week, but I forgot it was her half birthday until about 6:30 p.m. when she reminded me on our way to her music class. So when we got home a little before 8 p.m. I threw a "0" candle on some donut wads leftover from Mother's Day and gave all of the girls some Bubble Tape that I happened to have on hand. She loved it and felt special (its amazing what sugar can do!)

This actually is a great illustration of how life feels right now. Our days are full and there is not much margin for planning and getting stuff done outside of what is necessary for the day. It is not my favorite way to live, but I think just a reality of having 4 little ones. I am hoping summer provides a little relief and allows me to catch my breath. But for now I must go now to wrap a present for the birthday party that Davey is going to in 25 minutes....


No comments: